Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR Night Vision Wide Angle 120 Degree FOV 12MP IMX708
This is the Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR Wide Angle with night vision support. The module has the IMX708 Quad Bayer 12MP sensor. This is the wide-angle version with a 120o Field of View (FOV) and incorporates auto-focus support, controllable through the I2C communication interface.
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR seamlessly integrates with all Raspberry Pi series Single Board Computers (SBCs) and Raspberry Pi Zero Microcontrollers, including the Raspberry Pi Zero 2W.
Night Vision Support
This Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR features a NoIR filter, making it ideal for night-vision projects when used in conjunction with infrared lighting. Please note that the infrared LED required for night vision is not included.
- Supported by the Raspberry Pi Picamera2 Python library.
- Comprehensive image processing support for developers from libcamera, the Raspberry Pi Open Source Camera System.
- Night vision capabilities.
- Wide view angle – 120o Field of View (FOV)
- I2C compatibility for convenient focus control with auto-focus capabilities.
- Enhanced camera sensor sensitivity with the 12MP IMX708, replacing the 8MP IMX219 found in the Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2.
- Optimized photo quality with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support.
Raspberry Pi Connection Examples
Please be aware that the Yellow FPC Cable required to connect the camera with Raspberry Pi Zero microcontrollers is not included.
12MP High-Resolution Camera
The Camera Module 3 offers the capability to capture full HD video at a frame rate of 50fps, with even higher frame rates attainable at lower resolutions.
Additionally, it features an HDR mode and autofocus, enhancing its versatility for both photography and video recording across various applications.
Support for Beginners
The most recent version of Raspberry Pi OS bundles a beta release of Picamera2, a Python library developed by the Raspberry Pi in-house team. Suitable for both novice and experienced users, Picamera2 serves a wide range of purposes, from home-based projects to applications in the field of machine learning.
Open Source Camera System Support
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR benefits from full support from the Raspberry Pi Open Source Camera System, driven by libcamera. This extensive collection of libraries empowers developers with precise control over image processing and provides enhanced access to the inner workings of the Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR.
Experience the convenience of free and flexible auto-focus control via I2C, simplifying the process of capturing photos.
Some Examples of Possible Applications
- Night Vision Systems: The camera's compatibility with infrared lighting and lack of an IR filter make it well-suited for night-vision applications, including home security, wildlife monitoring, and low-light surveillance.
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision: Leveraging its high-resolution sensor and robust open-source support, this camera module proves invaluable for machine learning and computer vision endeavors. It excels in tasks like object recognition and image classification.
- Home Automation and Monitoring: In the realm of home automation, this camera enables remote monitoring of homes, pets, or plants. It utilizes motion detection and image processing to trigger alerts or actions.
- Educational Projects: Widely employed in educational settings, the Raspberry Pi Camera Module aids in teaching programming, image processing, and robotics. It serves as an educational tool for exploring computer vision and robotics applications.
- Scientific Research: Researchers find this camera module indispensable for scientific experiments and data collection across fields such as biology, astronomy, and environmental science, where high-quality imaging is imperative.
- Remote Sensing and Surveillance: This camera's application extends to remote and outdoor surveillance contexts, including wildlife monitoring, environmental monitoring, and safeguarding critical infrastructure.
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR): Seamlessly integrating into AR and VR projects, the camera captures real-world images and videos to enhance immersive experiences and applications.
- Drone Applications: Thanks to its compact form factor, the Raspberry Pi Camera Module finds utility in drones and other remote-controlled vehicles, facilitating the capture of aerial images and videos.
- Model: Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR
- Version: Night Vision Wide Angle Version
- Compatible Devices: Raspberry Pi Series Boards and Raspberry Pi Zero Microcontrollers
- Control Interface: I2C – Auto-Focus Support
- Sensor: IMX708 Quad Bayer
- Pixels: 4608 x 2592, 11.9MP
- Field of View (FOV): 120o
- CMOS Sensor Size: 7.4mm
- Aperture: F2.2
- Focal Length: 2.75mm
- Weight: 13 Grams
- Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 (NoIR Wide Angle Version)
- FFC Cable 15-Pin (Opposite Sides Contact)