ROCK 5B 8GB Rockchip RK3588 SoC 2.4GHz DynamIQ 8GB RAM Mali G610MC4 GPU
Based on the Rockchip RK3588 SoC, ROCK 5B is a high-performance next-generation SBC that comes with 8GB LPDDR4 RAM. ROCK 5 Model B has been designed for advanced creative projects and multimedia capabilities.
ROCK 5B Features at a Glance
- DynamIQ ARM Quad-Core Cortex-A76 and Quad-Core Cortex-A55
- Next-Gen SBC based on the Rockchip RK3588 System on Chip (SoC)
- LPDDR4 8GB RAM
- Supports up to 8Kp60 Resolution – Ideal for advanced multimedia applications
- ARM Mali G610MC4 GPU
- Micro-HDMI video input port supports up to 4Kp60 resolution
- USB-C Port and Dual HDMI Port
- Real-Time-Clock Built-In
Video Presentation of ROCK 5B
Safe Shutdown with ON/OFF Power Button
There is no need to type safety codes and command lines to shut down your SBC without any risk. The ROCK 5B comes with the built-in Power Button you can use without worrying about storage corruption or data loss.
Reliable System on Chip (SoC)
ROCK 5B features the Rockchip RK3588 System on Chip (SoC). The processing unit comprises of Quad-Core ARM DynamIQ Cortex-A76 (2.2GHz / 2.4GHz) and Quad-Core Cortex-A55 (1.8GHz). The board also has the powerful Graphics Processing Unit ARM Mali G610MC4. 8GB LPDDR4 64-bit RAM puts ROCK 5B well ahead of its generation.
8K Display Support
Most SBCs support up to 4K resolution but ROCK 5B supports up to 8K display resolution thanks to its Mali G610MC4 high-performance GPU and tailored design for multimedia applications. These features make ROCK 5B ideal for high-quality video processing, gaming, and signage.
ROCK 5B has two HDMI ports, camera and display interfaces, and a micro-HDMI input port. The board also has a 3.5mm audio jack for stereo audio output.
Supports Multiple Operating Systems
ROCK 5 Model B is compatible with multiple Operating Systems including Ubuntu / Debian Linux and Android 12, and ARM architecture v8 full-implementation instructions set.
Supports a Range of Accessories
ROCK 5B has a 40-Pin GPIO Expansion Header that offers endless connectivity support making the board capable of supporting an extensive range of SBC accessories.
Extensive Memory and Storage Support
ROCK 5B not only has 8GB RAM but also features a high-speed eMMC socket you can use for data storage and Operating System upgrades.
Efficient Thermal Management
ROCK 5B comes with the PWM fan connector (voltage TBC and power out). There are 2x mounting holes for the heatsink. The design of the board fully supports cooling accessories to keep ROCK 5B working at top speed.
ROCK 5 Model B Interfaces
Hardware Layout (Front)
Hardware Layout (Back)
ROCK 5B Specifications
- Processor: ARM DynamIQ Corext-A76 Quad-Core 2.2GHz / 2.4GHz | Cortex-A55 Quad-Core 1.8GHz
- SoC: Rockchip RK3588
- RAM: LPDDR4 8GB 64-bit RAM
- GPU: Arm Mali G610MC4 GPU, supporting OpenGL® ES1.1, ES2.0, and ES3.2, OpenCL® 1.1, 1.2 and 2.2, Vulkan® 1.1 and 1.2, and embedded high-performance 2D image acceleration module
- Software Support: Ubuntu / Debian Linux Support | Android 12 Support | RKNPU2 NPU Software Stack | ARM Architecture v8 full-implementation instructions set | Hardware control / access library for Android and Linux
- Power Compatibilities: USB Type-C PD Version 2.0 with 20V/2A, 15V/2A, 12V/2A, and 9V/2A
- HDMI: Dual HDMI ports | 8Kp60 and 4Kp60 support | Micro-HDMI input port with up to 4Kp60 support
- Power Recommendations: 5V Power Input (GPIO Pin 2 & 4) | 24W without M.2 SSD or 36W with M.2 SSD is recommended
- USB Interfaces: USB3.0 OTG / HOST Port (x1) | USB 3.0 HOST Port (x1) | USB 2.0 HOST Ports (x2)
- Storage: Socket for eMMC and MicroSD
- MIPI: 4-Lane DSI (x1) | 4-Lane CSI (x1)
- UART: 2x UARTs
- ON/OFF: Power Button
- Storage Temperature: -20℃ to 80℃
- Operating Temperature: 0℃ to 50℃
- ROCK 5B 8GB