Power Dock for Onion Omega
Power Dock for Omega is compatible with 3.7V LiPo batteries which is a reliable power source. Similar to Expansion Dock, this power source allows you free Micro USB port. Moreover, it also makes it possible for you to optimize more space for other devices by breaking out GPIO pins on Omega which means if you want to obtain the optimum usage of an Omega module, use the Power Dock to facilitate additional expansions and external circuits.
- Reset Button to Reflash Omega module
- 30-Pin Expansion Header
- 7V LiPo Battery with Pi NoIR v2
- Power Switch
- Offers a Micro USB Port for battery charging and the power reception
- USB-A Port for connectivity of Omega with USB devices
The first generation Power Dock comes with the following features:
- Reveals GPIO pins on Omega’s Expansion Header
- Simple and easy connectivity of USB devices with the module
- The Power Switch to either turn it ON/OFF
- The Reset Button allows the module to Reflash. Pressing it for 10 seconds will restore the factory settings.
To check the level of charging, Power Dock comes with 4 LEDs (battery indicators). It is suggested to use less than 8” Micro USB cable to charge the battery (More than 8” cable is not recommended). It is simple to understand and even easier to use. Power Dock can be converted into an Expansion Dock by simply removing the battery. It is configured to feed Omega with a stable 3.3V supply.
You will have to arrange for a 3.7V LiPo battery as the Power Dock doesn’t come with a battery itself.