KKSB Raspberry Pi 4 High Performance Cooler with 30mm 5V PWM Fan
This KKSB High Performance PWM Cooler is compatible with Raspberry Pi 4. The cooler features aluminium fins and has smaller form factor. The height of the cooler is 43mm and it comes with brackets and spacers required to fit it on Raspberry Pi 4. You can also use KKSB High Performance Cooler inside the KKSB Raspberry Pi 4 Tall Case (sold separately).
Key Differences between KKSB High-Performance Cooler and Other Raspberry Pi Coolers in the Market
At first glance, the KKSB Raspberry Pi 4 High-Performance Cooler might appear similar to most of the Raspberry Pi coolers available in the market. But this cooler has some distinct features which optimise its performance and make it more effective than most of the alternatives.
Soldering between Thermal Pipe and Heatsink
Most Raspberry Pi coolers in the market have no soldering between the thermal pipes and heatsinks. The soldering between the heatsink and pipe of this KKSB Cooler optimises heat transfer through better contact.
Flat Aluminium Base for Perfect Contact with CPU
The flat aluminium base makes perfect contact with the CPU. Most Raspberry Pi coolers in the market have pressed heat pipes without CNC-machine treatment. This is why their contact area remains uneven. The heat pipe of the KKSB Cooler is pressed along the block such that the interface along the CPU remains flat.
The KKSB High-Performance Cooler Unit is nickel plated.
The height of the KKSB High-Performance Cooler is just 43mm (4.3cm). This means that you can also use this cooler inside the KKSB Raspberry Pi 4 Tall Case. The height of the cooler is lower than other Raspberry Pi cooling towers in the market.
Quiet at All Modes
The KKSB PWM Fan on this high-performance cooler produces minimum sound even at maximum mode. In addition, it only operates when the temperature is above the configured limit so it stays off during the normal workload.
KKSB 5V 30mm PWM Fan with Temperature Level Configuration on Raspberry Pi OS
You can set a CPU temperature level for the KKSB 30mm 5V PWM. When the CPU is too hot (reaches the set temperature) the fan will start working. It will automatically stop when the temperature drops below the set value.
You can configure the start and stop temperature limits from Raspberry Pi OS settings. This feature increases the life of the fan since it only runs when needed. With its Sealed Sleeve Bearing (SSB) system, the KKSB PWM Fan has a life expectancy of 30,000 hours.
How to Configure PWM Fan Start / Stop Temperature on Raspberry Pi OS?
Once the KKSB PWM fan is properly connected to the Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO, you can configure its auto start / stop temperature on Raspberry Pi OS in minutes.
- On Raspberry Pi OS GUI, select the Raspberry Button
- From the drop-down, locate and select Preferences
- Select Raspberry Pi Configuration from the next drop-down
- From the top bar, select Performance
- Select Enable button
- Fan GPIO should be 14 (Note, it is the Pin 8 connected to the PWM lead and defined as GPIO 14 TDX)
- Select the temperature (Any value between 60oC and 120oC)
- Restart the system to apply settings.
Specifications of KKSB 30mm PWM Fan
- Rated Voltage: 5V DC
- Operating Voltage: 4.5V ~ 5.5V DC
- Start-Up Voltage: 3.5V DC
- Impeller: 7 Blades - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Frame Material: Reinforced Glass Fiber - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Bearing System: Sealed Sleeve Bearing (SSB)
- Rated Power: 0.20 Watt (Max: 0.30 Watt) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Rated Current: 0.04 Amp (Max: 0.06 Amp) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Labeled Current: 0.06 Amp
- Rated Speed: 5000 ± 900 Rotation Per Minute (RPM) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Air Flow (Cubic Feet per Minute): 1.58 CFM (Min: 1.30 CFM)
- Air Pressure: 0.98 mmAq (Min: 0.66 mmAq)
- Control Interface: PWM
- Coloured Wires: Red (+), Blue (PWM), and Black (-) (UL1061/28AWGx 100mm)
- Compliance: RoHS
- Safety Approval: CE, UL, CUL, TUV
- Life Expectancy: Up to 30,000 Hours
- Weight (PWM Fan): 4.9 Grams
- Wires Length (Exposed out of the fan): Approximately 100mm (+/- 5mm)
- Dimensions: 3cm x 3cm x 0.7cm | 30mm x 30mm x 7mm
How to Assemble KKSB Cooler on Raspberry Pi 4
- Use Clips with the cooling tower to attach the KKSB PWM Fan
- Align the brackets of the tower with the Raspberry Pi 4 screw holes such that the PWM fan is facing opposite the Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO.
- Secure the tower using screws
Connecting KKSB 30mm PWM Fan to the Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO
The KKSB 30mm 5V PWM Fan has 3x wires. Please connect each wire carefully to the right GPIO pin as shown below.
- Blue Wire (GPIO 14 TXD) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 8
- Red Wire (5V) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 4
- Black Wire (Ground) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 6
- KKSB Cooling Tower
- KKSB 30mm PWM Fan
- Brackets and Spacers