KKSB 30mm PWM Fan 5V Sealed Sleeve Bearing SSB System
KKSB PWM Fan is compatible with SBCs and other devices that support the PWM control interface. It is a 30mm 5V fan with a 7-blade impeller.
KKSB 5V 30mm PWM Fan with Temperature Level Configuration on Raspberry Pi OS
You can set a CPU temperature level for the KKSB 30mm 5V PWM. When the CPU is too hot (reaches the set temperature) the fan will start working. It will automatically stop when the temperature drops below the set value.
You can configure the start and stop temperature limits from Raspberry Pi OS settings. This feature increases the life of the fan since it only runs when needed. With its Sealed Sleeve Bearing (SSB) system, the KKSB PWM Fan has a life expectancy of 30,000 hours.
How to Configure PWM Fan Start / Stop Temperature on Raspberry Pi OS?
Once the KKSB PWM fan is properly connected to the Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO, you can configure its auto start / stop temperature on Raspberry Pi OS in minutes.
- On Raspberry Pi OS GUI, select the Raspberry Button
- From the drop-down, locate and select Preferences
- Select Raspberry Pi Configuration from the next drop-down
- From the top bar, select Performance
- Select Enable button
- Fan GPIO should be 14 (Note, it is the Pin 8 connected to the PWM lead and defined as GPIO 14 TDX)
- Select the temperature (Any value between 60oC and 120oC)
- Restart the system to apply settings.
Specifications of KKSB 30mm PWM Fan
- Rated Voltage: 5V DC
- Operating Voltage: 4.5V ~ 5.5V DC
- Start-Up Voltage: 3.5V DC
- Impeller: 7 Blades - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Frame Material: Reinforced Glass Fiber - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Bearing System: Sealed Sleeve Bearing (SSB)
- Rated Power: 0.20 Watt (Max: 0.30 Watt) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Rated Current: 0.04 Amp (Max: 0.06 Amp) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Labeled Current: 0.06 Amp
- Rated Speed: 5000 ± 900 Rotation Per Minute (RPM) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Air Flow (Cubic Feet per Minute): 1.58 CFM (Min: 1.30 CFM)
- Air Pressure: 0.98 mmAq (Min: 0.66 mmAq)
- Control Interface: PWM
- Coloured Wires: Red (+), Blue (PWM), and Black (-) (UL1061/28AWGx 100mm)
- Compliance: RoHS
- Safety Approval: CE, UL, CUL, TUV
- Life Expectancy: Up to 30,000 Hours
- Weight (PWM Fan): 4.9 Grams
- Wires Length (Exposed out of the fan): Approximately 100mm (+/- 5mm)
- Dimensions: 3cm x 3cm x 0.7cm | 30mm x 30mm x 7mm
Connecting KKSB 30mm PWM Fan to the Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO
The KKSB 30mm 5V PWM Fan has 3x wires. Please connect each wire carefully to the right GPIO pin as shown below.
- Blue Wire (GPIO 14 TXD) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 8
- Red Wire (5V) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 4
- Black Wire (Ground) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 6
- KKSB 30mm PWM Fan