HiFiBerry DAC + Standard RCA Version
This is another addition to the HiFiBerry DAC+ line compatible with the latest Raspberry Pi boards. It’s actually a revision of the DAC+ RCA. Like all HiFiBerry DACs, this version also connects easily with the compatible Rasberry Pi computers without a soldering effort. The HiFiBerry DAC+ Standard RCA Version also features the Burr-Brown converter working at 192kHz/24-bit so you can’t doubt the sound quality after digital/ analog conversion.
HiFiBerry DAC+ RCA Features
- Comes with RCA connector pair to enable the board directly connect with the compatible RPi computer
- Configured to easily settle inside the HighPi Case
- Compatible with the latest Raspberry Pi models including RPi A+, RPi B+, RPi ZERO, RPi 2, and RPi 3
- Contains dedicated DAC (Burr-Brown featuring 192kHz/24-bit)
- Comes with ALSA Mixer hardware sound control
- Doesn’t require external power supply support
- Carries pre-fabricated Kit configured exclusively to support the compatible Raspberry Pi boards
- Ensures exceptional output with the help of Ultra-Low-Noise Voltage Regulator
- Also, support the Auto-Configuration of integrated EEPROM
- The kit comes with the required mounting accessories
- Dimensions = 6.5cm x 5.5cm x 1cm
- Weight = 20g
There is not much difference between other DAC+ boards and the DAC+ Standard RCA Version. Like other DAC+ boards, this version also doesn’t support the older Raspberry Pi boards. The quality is fairly satisfying. We didn’t, however, expect ALSA Mixer with this DAC but surprisingly it not only comes with the hardware control but also features auto-configuration support for the integrated EEPROM. With the dimensions and weight equaling most of the other DAC+ versions, you can’t really pick the difference other than the connector type.