Google Coral GPIO System on Module SOM 1GB RAM 8GB eMMC
The Google Coral 1GB GPIO SOM can be used in building different systems on a small form factor with fast ML inferencing. NXP iMX 8M SoC is present in this GPIO SOM. Google Edge TPU coprocessor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, eMMC, and LPDDR4 RAM are the salient features of the Coral GPIO System on Module (SOM).
What is Google Edge TPU?
Google Edge TPU has been designed by Google to speed up the TensorFlow Lite models. Power is used efficiently with this small ASIC. This is a 4TOPS ASIC and it just requires 2 Watts of power. This shows that per 2TO 1 Watt is used. You can get benefited from Google Edge TPU in many apps like MobileNet v2 which executes mobile vision models. Data privacy is regulated by the Google Edge TPU and inactivity is reduced. The requirement for a continuous internet connection is reduced by this on-device ML processing technique.
Overview of Connectors and Components
Specifications of Google Coral SOM
- SoC: NXP iMX 8M | ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core with Cortex-M4F
- Vivante GC7000 Lite 2D/3D GPU and VPU
- Coprocessor: Cryptographic Coprocessor
- Google Edge TPU Machine Learning Accelerator
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- Wi-Fi: 2.4/5 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac 2x2 MIMO
- Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet
- 8GB eMMC flash
- 1GB LPDDR4 RAM
- USB Interface: USB 3.0
- MIPI CSI 2
- MIPI DSI
- X95 (max.) GPIO including SAI, PWM, UART, I2C, SPI, and SDIO
Dimensions in mm.
Benefits of Coral System on Module
- Complete Linux System (also runs Mendel)
- Low-Power and high-speed Machine Learning (ML) Inferencing (4 TOPS at just 2 Watts)
- Small 48mm x 40mm footprint
- Coral SoM 1GB (1)
Coral Dev Board is NOT included.