TCS3200 RGB Color Sensor 4 LEDs 2.7V 5.5V 10mm Range with 4PIN Jumper Wires
This color sensor has the TCS3200 sensor chip that detects RGB colors. The sensor detects static color and generates the output in the shape of a square wave. The intensity of the incident light determines the frequency of the output wave. Higher intensity will generate a higher frequency wave.
Features of TCS3200 RGB Color Sensor
- Onboard LEDs for fill-light
- Square shaped output
- RGB color detection
- Static color detection
- TCS3200 sensor chip
- Compatible with 2.7V ~ 5.5V Input Voltage
- Detection Range: Ideally 10mm | 1cm
- Hole Size: 2.0mm mounting holes
- Weight: 10 grams
- Dimensions: 3.6cm x 2.06cm | 36mm x 20.6mm
Applications of TCS3200 RGB Color Sensor
- Color matching
- Test strip reading
- Color sorting
- Ambient light detection and calibration
How to Use TCS3200 Colour Sensor with a Microcontroller Unit (MCU)
- VCC: 2.7V ~ 5.5V
- GND: Ground (Power Supply)
- LED: MCU.IO (To control 4x White LEDs)
- OUT: MCU.IO (Output frequency of RGB Colour)
- S0/S1: MCU.IO (Scaling selection inputs for output frequency)
- S2/S3: MCU.IO: Inputs for photodiode type selection
S0/S1 is used for the selection of output frequency scaling factor.
S2/S3 is used for the selection of color filter of RED, GREEN, and BLUE.
OUT is used to generate the square wave. The frequency of the wave is directly proportional to the intensity selected for the color.
The colour is determined by the ratio of the intensity of the colours (RED, GREEN, and BLUE).
- Always use White Balance when using the sensor for the first time, after resetting the sensor configurations, or after changing the source of light
- 1x Color Sensor TCS3200
- 2x Jumper Wires 4-PIN (Custom Connector)