Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2
Camera Module v2 Specifications
- 8-Megapixel Sony IMX219
- Fixed onboard focus lens
- Supports 1080p30, 640x480p90 and 720p60 resolutions
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi computers boards (25mm x 23mm x 9mm)
- Weighs just 3-grams
- Comes with the ribbon cable to establish a connection between the Raspberry Pi board and camera
- The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 is supported by all latest versions of Raspbian Operating System
- Official Raspberry Pi release
Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 Description
This camera has been exclusively designed by Raspberry to suit the requirements of the Raspberry Pi boards. The camera quality has been updated and it promises much more than its predecessor. There is no need to make amendments to the Raspberry Pi boards in an attempt to make use of another camera. The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 easily attach to the board without requiring further modifications. You just need to connect the camera with the CSI interface. The camera doesn’t require an additional power supply. Attach the camera into the socket and it’ll be ready to serve you with the best of its capabilities.
Raspberry has released this camera module to facilitate the users with a hustle free solution. It doesn’t require any experience with the camera modules. It is simple and easy-going.
You need to be careful about the use of the Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 cable and don’t try to replace it as an alternative to Raspberry Pi Zero cable. Similarly, don’t try to use Pi Zero cable with this camera.