Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2.1 8MP Sony IMX219
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 is a welcome addition to the Raspberry product line. This is a revised version of the original Pi camera module. The updated version features the reliable Sony IMX219 (8-Megapixel) replacing the OV 5647 (5-Megapixel).
Video Presentation of the Product
Camera Module v2 Specifications
- 8-Megapixel Sony IMX219
- Supports 1080p30, 640x480p90 and 720p60 resolutions
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi computers boards (25mm x 23mm x 9mm)
- Weighs just 3-grams
- Comes with a ribbon cable to establish a connection between the Raspberry Pi board and the camera
- The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 is supported by all the latest versions of Raspbian Operating System
- Official Raspberry Pi release
Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 Description
This camera has been exclusively designed by Raspberry to suit the requirements of the Raspberry Pi boards. The camera quality has been updated and it promises much more than its predecessor. There is no need to make amendments to the Raspberry Pi boards in an attempt to make use of another camera. The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 easily attaches to the board without requiring further modifications. You just need to connect the camera with the CSI interface. The camera doesn’t require an additional power supply. Attach the camera to the socket and it’ll be ready to serve you with the best of its capabilities.
Raspberry has released this camera module to facilitate the users with a hustle-free solution. It doesn’t require any experience with the camera modules. It is simple and easy-going.
You need to be careful about the use of the Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 cable and don’t try to replace it as an alternative to the Raspberry Pi Zero cable. Similarly, don’t try to use the Pi Zero cable with this camera.
- Raspberry Pi 8MP Sony IMX219 Camera (1)
- FFC Cable 16cm (1)