ASUS Tinker Board 2
Tinker Board 2 is the much-improved version of the original Tinker Board. This upgraded Tinker Board comes with the ARM SoC featuring 2.0 GHz Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A72 integrated with 1.5 GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53. It has the RK3399 Rockchip System on Chip (SoC) supported by 64-bit ARMv8 architecture. ASUS Tinker Board 2 is based on the ARM big.LITTLE Technology - a heterogeneous processing architecture.
It can intelligently analyze each task before assigning the right CPU cores for it. In terms of performance, the Tinker Board 2 is twice better than the performance of its previous version.
Video Presentation of the Product
Specifications of ASUS Tinker Board 2
- Rockchip SoC: RK3399 | 64-bit ARM architecture | big.LITTLE Technology
- CPU: 6 Cores (Integrated) - 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A72 Dual Core and 1.5 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core
- GPU: 800 MHz ARM Mali-T860 Graphics Processing Unit
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR4 Dual-Channel
- OS Support: Supports Android 10 and Debian 9
- Power Compatibility: 1x 5.5mm / 2.5mm Power Jack 12V ~ 19V Compatible (Up to 45W)
- Storage Slot (Push / Pull): Micro SD / TF Card Slot
- Ethernet: RTL8211F-CG GbE LAN
- Bluetooth and WiFi: BT 5.0 (2T2R) | M.2 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Audio: 1x HDMI Audio Out | 1x S/PDIF TX Pin (GPIO) | 1x PCM/I2S Pin (GPIO)
- Display: 1x Type-C USB (DP Alt Mode) | 1x HDMI (CEC Hardware Ready) | 1x 4-Lane MIPI DSI 22-Pin
- Camera Interface: 1x MIPI CSI-2 2-Lane 15-Pin
- USB: 1x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen1 OTG Port | 3x USB 3.2 Type-A Gen1 Ports
- Internal Headers: 40-Pin Header
- Storage Humidity: Up to 85% (Non-Condensing)
- Storage Temperature: From -40℃ to 85℃
- Operating Temperature: From 0℃ to 60℃
- Dimensions: 85 x 56 mm | 8.5 x 5.6 cm
Improved Features of ASUS Tinker Board 2
Mali-T860 (multi-core ARM) GPU is better than Mali-T764 when it comes to running complex graphics. This upgrade is fully supported by OpenCL, OpenGL ES 3.0 / 3.1, and OpenVG1.1. It is especially good for legacy 2D/3D and next-generation applications. The graphics acceleration performance of Mali-T860 is 28% better than that of Mali-T764 (that is on the first Tinker Board version).
Tinker Board 2 features three different display interfaces.
- DisplayPort over USB-C
Dual 4K UHD displays are supported by ASUS Tinker Board 2.
Dual-Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0
The Tinker Board 2 supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11ac 2x2 Dual-Band WiFi. It also has built-in Bluetooth 5.0 that offers faster speed and has a greater range. Tinker Board 2 is compatible with many Bluetooth devices including speakers, headsets, and gaming controllers.
The Tinker Board 2 has been designed with the following protection features:
- Electrostatic Discharge Protection
The ESD Guards protect Tinker Board 2 components from air discharge and contact discharge. These guards can protect the board from an air discharge of up to 15kV and contact discharge of up to 8kV.
- Short-Circuit Prevention
The Polyswitch and power IC protect the board and the connected devices from short circuit and overcurrent.
- Overvoltage Protection
ASUS has used built-in voltage regulators on Tinker Board 2. They protect the board from power fluctuations and high-level voltages. This problem is common especially if low-quality power supplies are used.
Android 10 Compatible
Android 10 compatibility makes working on ASUS Tinker Board 2 much easier. It will excite you with many interesting features that are not available with most other SBCs, such as:
- Better 3D Computing
Android 10 is known for the lower load on the processing unit. In addition, it requires less power while performing 3D computing. With Android 10, you can efficiently manage IoT devices with flexible APIs.
- Ready for AI
ASUS Tinker Board 2 supports version 1.2 of Android Neural Networks API (NNAPI) for better performance during Machine Learning operations.
The Adiantum Encryption is more secure and 5 times more efficient than AES encryption. TSL 1.3 securely transmits data and also improves connection performance.
Form Factor (mm.)
- 1x ASUS Tinker Board 2