Banana Pi 4G Module PIEC25-E (BPI-R2 and BPI-R64 Compatible)
Banana Pi releases its official 4G module named PIEC25-E. For the moment, the PIEC25-E 4G module only works with Banana Pi R2 and Banana Pi R64. Banana Pi 4G module is compatible with 5V/2A DC input. As an additional source of power supply, you can also use the Micro USB port. The PIEC25-E 4G module comes with the IPEX connector. This module also works with the GNSS antenna. There is a SIM Card connector onboard. The PIEC25-E 4G module from Banana Pi works in Thailand, India, Africa, Europe, Korea, and the Middle East.
Specs of Banana Pi 4G Module PIEC25-E (BPI-R2 and BPI-R64 Compatible)
- DC input compatibility: 5V/2A DC input power is compatible with PIEC25-E 4G module
- The Banana Pi 4G module can also receive power from Micro USB port
- Banana Pi PIEC25-E 4G module is compatible with Banana Pi R64 and Banana Pi R2
- This 4G module features an onboard IPEX connector
- The board supports 4G antenna via the antenna interface
- There is an onboard SIM Card connector on PIEC25-E module
- The module contains a GNSS antenna interface
- SIM Card is NOT available with this offer
- The Banana Pi PIEC25-E 4G module only works with BPI-R2 and BPI-R64
- The PIEC25-E 4G Module from Banana Pi works only in the following regions:
- Middle East
Hardware Components (Top)
Hardware Components (Back)
Getting Started with Banana Pi 4G Module PIEC25-E?
It is a simple 5-step process to get started with the Banana Pi PIEC25-E 4G module.
- Connect the 4G module with a compatible 5V/2A power adapter
- Connect the 4G module with Banana Pi R2 or Banana Pi R64 with the help of a USB cable
- To check if the system detects the 4G module, you need to run the ‘isusb’ command
- You need to check of the 4G module detects the USB device. You can do it by running ‘ls /dev/ttyUSB*’ command
- The last step is to run the ‘ppp1.s’ script to verify that the dialing is being done properly with the 4G module
- Banana Pi 4G Module (1)