A start-up company named Onion comes forward with a brilliant creation of the Onion Omega2. It is a single-board computer with great efficiency. There is no doubt about the fact that loT is featured in plenty of projects nowadays. The Omega2 has impressive compatibility with the loT devices. That is why the Omega2 is considered as one of the valuable additions to the loT solutions.
- The processor with (64MB) memory assistance
- Wi-Fi Adapter (b/g/n)
- MIPS (580MHz) Processor
- (16MB) storage memory
- 15 (GPIO) Pins
- USB (2.0)
- 2 (PWM) Channels
- 1x (I2S)
- 1x (I2C)
- UARTs (2)
- 1x (SPI)
There is no slot for Micro SD in Omega2
- The Omega2 is very handy to use and it is preferable for the beginners in the field of developing software and hardware.
- The Omega2 being expandable, can be plugged into a variety of Dock boards which are supportive to family expansion allowing you to make different projects.
- It is cost-friendly accessible to everyone.
- The single-board computer has a Flash Memory (DDR2 DRAM) including a chip antenna
A couple of features differentiate the Omega2 from the Omega2 Plus
- The Omega2 has a storage memory of (16MB) while, the Omega2 Plus has a storage memory of (32MB).
- The Omega2 Plus is equipped with a slot for MicroSD that is absent in the Omega2
The Omega2 is very tiny in size so it may get fit into different products with great ease. It is less than 1/3 and 1/4 the size of the Arduino Uno and the Raspberry Pi respectively. It is specifically designed for the building of connected hardware applications. It has an ability to combine the power efficiency of the Arduino and tiny form factor with the flexibilities and power of the Raspberry Pi. Enriched with all these valuable features, the Omega2 is a worthy addition to loT Solutions.